After rumours, Lenovo has introduced ThinkPhone by Motorola, the first smartphone with ThinkPhone branding. It has a 6.6″ FHD+ 144Hz pOLED display, is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, is MIL STD 810H certified, designed with a lightweight aramid fiber that’s stronger than steel, an aircraft-grade aluminum frame and Gorilla Glass Victus, so it easily endures shocks and drops from up to 1.25 meters, said the company
It also has IP68 certification, so ThinkPhone is designed to withstand dust and water immersion with a depth of up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes. The ThinkPhone also has the iconic, customizable Red Key on the side to provide immediate access to the most critical business and field apps or instantly integrate the mobile and PC experiences.
There is Moto KeySafe, a separate processor running on Android, that adds another layer of security to better protect the most sensitive data in the smartphone, said the company.
It isolates PINs, passwords, and cryptographic keys, storing them in a tamper-resistant environment, protecting the data from the inside out, it added.
Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola introduces Think 2 Think connectivity powered by Ready For, a set of productivity experiences that allows business end users to enjoy seamless device integration between ThinkPhone and a ThinkPad. The Think 2 Think experiences include:
- Instant Connect: Phone and PC seamlessly discover when nearby and connect over Wi-Fi.
- Unified Clipboard: Seamlessly transfer copied text or recent photos, scanned documents and videos between devices by pasting into any app on the destination device.
- Unified Notifications: Phone notifications instantly appear on the Windows Action Center. Clicking a notification auto-launches the corresponding phone app on the PC’s screen.
- File Drop: Easily drag and drop files between ThinkPhone and PC.
- App Streaming: Open any Android application directly on a PC.
- Advanced Webcam: Take advantage of the powerful ThinkPhone cameras and AI capabilities, seamlessly using it as your webcam for all your video calls.
- Instant Hotspot: Connect to the internet through one click, directly from the PC to leverage the ThinkPhone’s 5G connectivity.4
Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola specifications
- 6.6-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz pOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Plus 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 13
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 8K 30fps, 4K HDR+ video
- 32MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Special red key
- Dimensions: 158.76 x 74.38 x 8.26mm; Weight: 188.5g
- MIL-STD-810H compliant, Dust and Water-resistant (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6E, MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, QZSS(L1+L5), 2 x USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 68W wired fast charging, 15W wireless charging
There are no details about the pricing yet, but the company confirmed that the Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola will be available in the US, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Australia and select countries across Asia later this year.