At the ongoing India Mobile Congress 2022 Lava has announced Lava Blaze 5G, the company’s latest Blaze phone which it claims to be India’s most affordable 5G phone. The phone was unveiled by Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & IT at the event.
The phone will have a glass back, and the specifications are almost similar to the Lava Blaze Pro that was launched recently, but this replaces the Helio G37 with the Dimensity 700 SoC for 5G, and will come with 128GB internal storage compared to 64GB.
Lava Blaze 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 × 720 pixels) 2.5D Curved Screen, 90 Hz Refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB RAM + 3GB of virtual RAM, 128GB UFS internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 12
- Dual SIM
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, depth sensor, macro camera, LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 5G SA/NSA (1/3/5/8/28/41/77/78 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery
Pricing and availability
The Lava Blaze 5G will come in Blue and Green colours and will be priced around Rs. 10,000 said the company. It will be available for pre-order around Diwali later this month, so we should know the exact price in a few weeks.
Commting on the new smartphone, Sunil Raina, President & Business Head, Lava International Limited said:
It has always been our desire to develop an accessible 5G smartphone that is made in India. The product aligns with the larger vision of providing the next generation 5G technology to Indians at an affordable price point. The Lava Blaze 5G is dedicated to every #ProudlyIndian smartphone user that dreams of seeing their country emerge as the next tech superpower. With the launch of this smartphone, we are making the power of 5G technology accessible to all.
Anku Jain, Managing Director, MediaTek India, said:
MediaTek has had a long-standing association with Lava and we congratulate them on the launch of Lava Storm 5G, powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 that enables robust 5G smartphone experiences. The chip supports upto 64MP camera with AI-color, AI-beauty & AI-bokeh enhancements to deliver incredible photos, videos & streaming. The new 5G smartphone aims to make cutting-edge technology accessible to all. This collaboration is a part of our commitment furthering the government’s Design in India vision.