Intel Showcases 12th Gen Intel Core Processors in India
Intel showcased the new 12th Generation Intel Core Mobile and Desktop Processors in India at the 12th Generation Intel Core Experience event, after the Global announcement back in January. According to the company, its multi-core performance architecture for PCs will improve thanks to a brand-new hybrid performance architecture and will provide unprecedented performance never seen before.
The 12th Gen Intel Core processors, which are based on the Intel 7 process, have a novel architecture that combines two different types of specialized cores to provide class-leading performance and responsiveness. The new hybrid architecture combines Performance cores with efficiency cores to deliver the ultimate performance. The Efficient-cores are designed for scalable performance-per-watt, for multi-threaded and multi-tasking performance.
The 12th Generation Intel Core Architecture includes a new Intel Smart Cache architecture that will be shared by the P Cores, E Cores, and the graphics processing units (GPU). Additionally, the firm increased the sizes of shared Intel Smart Cache (L3) and L2 caches, which support large memory capacities and low latency—two critical components for providing enthusiast community with quick game loading and fluid frame rates.
12th Gen Intel Core Desktop and Mobile Processors Highlights:
The Intel 12th Gen processor family ranges from U series to P series to H/HX series for Notebook Platform and up to S series for Desktop. There are 22 new 12th Generation Intel Core 65- and 35-watt desktop processors with scalable power and performance for gaming, creation, and productivity, as well as 28 new 12th Generation Intel Core mobile SKUs spanning the H-, P-, and U-series processors.
- Intel Thread Director: It is built on top of our performance monitoring unit that provides the best hardware telemetry in the industry. With 2 different core types, placement of threads is the key and additional characterization of the workloads will drive that. Further, this feature will facilitate OS scheduling options.
- These processors also incorporate technologies like DDR5 memory support, Thunderbolt 4 connectivity, and Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+).
- 12th Gen Intel Core HX Series processors features up to 16 cores to deliver unrivalled mobile performance and speed, enabling studio-level creativity and hardcore gaming, and offers support for overclocking.
- The 12th Gen Intel Core H-series processors offer up to 14 cores paired with discrete graphics.
- The 12th Gen Intel Core U-Series processors feature up to 10 cores and are designed for ultrathin laptops that accelerate your office productivity on the go.
- The 12th Gen Intel Core P-series combines the best of both worlds for enthusiast levels of performance in a thin-and-light form factor.
- The new desktop processors (65-watt and 35-watt) promise scalable power and great performance for gaming, creation and productivity. Intel also introduced new Intel Laminar Coolers that accompany the new 65-watt processors.
3rd Gen Intel Evo
IntelEvo platform for laptops and other on-the-go form factors have also been updated with the third-edition specification and key experience indicators of Intel’s Project Athena innovation program. More than 100 co-engineered designs with 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors – including new foldable displays and, for the first time, H-series in addition to U- and P-series – are expected to start passing Intel Evo verification.
Laptops with the latest Intel Core mobile processors have already begun to hit the Indian market, and more Notebooks are expected to follow in the coming months.