India Smart TV Shipments Grew 28% YoY in 2022 Driven By 33% Online Sales Counterpoint
Counterpoint’s IoT Service reported a 28% YoY increase in smart TV shipments in India in 2022, with a major boost coming from the festive season in Q3. Multiple new launches, discounts and promotions, and demand for large-screen TVs in lower price ranges also contributed to the growth.
However, Q4 2022 saw only a 2% YoY growth due to a decline in demand after the festive season. In an earlier report, Counterpoint stated that ‘Made in India’ TV shipments had grown by 33% YoY in Q3 2022.
Market summary for 2022
- Xiaomi leads the Indian smart TV market with an 11% share, driven by the Mi TV 5A series and Redmi Smart TV series.
- Samsung ranks second and launched new models in its T4000 series and premium QLED TVs. It offered discounts and smartphones during sales events.
- LG ranks third and launched new models in the 32” segment and premium QNED TVs. It offered no-cost EMIs, product insurance, and cashback during sales events.
- OnePlus ranks fourth with 80% YoY growth and captured the second position in the INR 30,000 price range and >50” screen size.
- More than 99% of the TVs are assembled locally, with some high-end TVs being imported.
- MediaTek chips had around a three-fifths share of the total TV market.
- Smart TVs are coming with new features such as integrated soundbars, video call facility, higher refresh rates for immersive gaming experience, and free Live TV channels.
Market summary for Q4 2022
- Smart TV shipments grew only 2% YoY due to a post-festive slowdown.
- Xiaomi remained the top brand with 9% market share, followed by Samsung and OnePlus at 9% and 8%, respectively.
- Global brands (excluding Indian and Chinese) captured a 39% share, while Chinese and Indian brands had 32% and 29% shares, respectively.
- Smaller 32″ TVs made up the majority of the market (47%) due to their lower price point.
- OnePlus, TCL, and VU experienced the fastest growth in the sub-INR 30,000 price range, driven by the release of new models and consumer popularity.
Amitabh Bachchan shares why he goes out to meet fans
Amitabh Bachchan shares why he goes out to meet fans bare feet every Sunday You go to the temple bare...
Sara Ali Khan Vicky Kaushal Express Gratitude At Siddhivinayak Temple
Sara Ali Khan and Vicky Kaushal express gratitude at Siddhivinayak temple amid Zara Hatke Zara Bachke’s success To express her...
Xiaomi 13 Ultra Global Launch Set Dor June 7 Announced
Xiaomi 13 Ultra global launch set for June 7 Announced Xiaomi introduced the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, the company’s latest flagship...
Cinematic Sci Fi Game Fort Solis is Coming to Steam on Mac
Cinematic Sci Fi Game Fort Solis is coming to Steam on Mac The highly anticipated cinematic sci-fi adventure game, Fort...
Xiaomi 12 Pro Redmi K50i And Redmi Note 12 5G Get A Permanent Price Cut in India
Xiaomi 12 Pro Redmi K50i And Redmi Note 12 5G Get A Permanent Price Cut in India Xiaomi has announced...
Apollo Launches India First 5G Connected Ambulance Service
Apollo launches India first 5G connected ambulance service Apollo Multispeciality Hospitals Kolkata has introduced the first-ever 5G-connected Ambulance service in...
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Telephoto Camera Details
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra telephoto camera details Samsung used the 10 MP telephoto sensor with 3x lossless zoom on the...
Ather 450S 115KM Certified Range Announced
Ather 450S 115KM certified range announced As Fame II revision came into effect from June 1st that reduces the previous...
Xiaomi 13 Ultra Review
Xiaomi 13 Ultra Review The best phone of the year contender a major flaw Xiaomi 13 Ultra Review: The Xiaomi...
Infinix INBook X2 Price And Specifications
Infinix INBook X2 Slim launched starting Rs 27990 Infinix has launched INBook X2 Slim, the company’s latest laptop in India,...