HUAWEI has introduced the company’s flagship Mate 50 Pro smartphone for the global markets, after it was introduced in China earlier this month. The phone has a 6.74″ FHD+ 120Hz OLED screen, and is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4G version.
The main highlight of the phone is its Ultra Aperture XMAGE Camera that has f/1.4 Ultra-large aperture, adjustable physical aperture of 10 sizes, which can go down to f/4.0 aperture. It has a RYYB sensor that works seamlessly with the XD Fusion Pro image engine to keep brightness and contrasts pristine, says the company. There is a 13MP ultra-wide camera and a 64MP 3.5X periscope zoom and OIS.
The phone has a Kunlun Glass with drop resistance certification from Switzerland’s SGS. The phone has IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance. The phone doesn’t have satellite communication technology, which is present in the Chinese version.
HUAWEI Mate 50 Pro specifications
- 6.74-inch (2616 x 1212 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display, 1.07 billion colors, P3 wide color gamut, 120 Hz refresh rate, 1440 Hz high frequency PWM dimming, 300 Hz touch sampling rate
- Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4G (Octa-core, 1 × [email protected] + 3 × [email protected] + 4 × [email protected]) processor with Adreno GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB / 512GB storage, NM memory card, up to 256 GB
- Android 12 with EMUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 50MP ultra f/1.4-f/4 variable aperture, OIS, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 64MP periscope telephoto camera with F3.5 aperture, 3.5x optical zoom, 100x digital zoom, OIS, LED flash
- 13MP ultra-wide-angle front camera with f/2.4 aperture, 3D depth camera
- 3D face recognition, In-display fingerprint sensor
USB Type-C audio jack, Stereo speakers
- 4G Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, 2 × 2 MIMO, HE160, 4096 QAM, 8 Spatial-stream Sounding MU-MIMO (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Support GPS (L1 + L5 dual frequency), Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, USB Type-C, USB 3.1 Gen 1
- Dimensions: 162.1×75.5.1×8.5mm; Weight: 205g (leather) / 209g (Glass)
- Dust and Water resistant (IP68)
- 4700mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge, 50W Huawei wireless super fast charging, wireless reverse charging
Pricing and availability
The HUAWEI Mate 50 Pro comes in Black and Silver colours with a glass back, priced at €1299 (US$ 1252 / Rs. 1,01,880 approx.) for the 8GB + 256GB model and €1399 (US$ 1348 / Rs. 1,09,715 approx.) for the Orange colour 8GB + 512GB version with a vegan leather back. It will roll out globally starting from select countries in Europe soon.