HUAWEI has announced the HUAWEI Band 8, the company’s latest smart band in China, as the successor to the Band 7. It has the same 1.47-inch AMOLED 2.5D touch screen, supports personalized dial that matches user’s outfit, offers 50m (5 ATM) water resistance, heart rate tracking, 24-Hour Heart Rate Monitoring, blood oxygen (SpO2) monitoring and has 100 workout modes.
In addition, Huawei has added an innovative push-type quick-release mechanism to the band to improve usability. The Band 8 now has a 14-day battery life, charges 30% faster, and can be fully charged in 45 minutes.
HUAWEI Band 8 specifications
- 1.47-inch (194×368 pixels) HD 2.5D AMOLED touch display, 282
- Bluetooth 5.0 that connects to Android 6.0 and above and iOS 9.0 and above, NFC (NFC Edition only)
- 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Optical heart rate sensor
- HUAWEI TruSeen 5.0 heart rate monitoring, HUAWEI TruSleep 3.0 sleep tracking, HUAWEI TruRelax stress tracking, Menstrual cycle tracking
- 100 workout modes including 11 professional workout modes such as indoor and outdoor running, cycling, and rope skipping, and more customized modes, including fitness, ball games, and dancing types
- Music control, remote camera control, quick message reply, incoming call alerts
- Dimensions: 43.45 × 24.54 × 8.99mm;Weight: 14g
- Up to 14 days of battery life
Pricing and availability
The HUAWEI Band 8 comes in Emerald Green, Vibrant Orange, Magic Night Black, and Sakura Powder colours, is priced at 269 yuan (US$ 39 / Rs. 3,205 approx.) for the standard edition, the NFC edition costs 309 yuan (US$ 45 / Rs. 3,680 approx.) and the Vitality Orange version costs 319 yuan (US$ 46 / Rs. 3,800 approx.).
The Band 8 is now available to order and will go on sale from April 28th and the Vitality Orange Edition will be available from May 31st.