HONOR has announced the X40, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in the X series in China, after the launch of the X40i back in July. The phone has a 6.55-inch FHD+ 120Hz 45-degree curved AMOLED screen, 50MP dual cameras, an 8MP front camera, and an in-display fingerprint sensor for enhanced security.
It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G processor and runs Android 12 with Magic UI 6.1. The phone comes with up to 12GB of RAM along with 7GB of virtual RAM expansion support. The phone is powered by a 5100mAh battery with support for 40W fast charging.
HONOR claims that X40 has a self-developed dual MIC noise reduction technology that will eliminate ambient noise while improving the human voice during calls. Also, the phone has dual Hi-Res Gold certification, ensuring good audio quality.
HONOR X40 Specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 20:9 aspect ratio AMOLED screen, 120Hz refresh rate, 1920Hz PWM dimming
- Octa Core Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 12 with Magic UI 6.1
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Type C audio, HONOR Histen 7.0 sound effect
- Dimensions: 162.9 × 74.5. × 7.43mm; Weight: 175g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB 2.0
- 5100mAh battery with 40W fast charging
Pricing and Availability
The HONOR X40 comes in Silver, Green, and Black colours, is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 214 / Rs. 17,101 approx.) for 6GB + 128GB, 1699 yuan (US$ 242 / Rs. 19,385 approx.) for 8GB+256GB, 1999 yuan (US$ 297 / Rs. 23,675 approx.) for the 8GB+256GB model and 2299 yuan (US$ 328 / Rs. 26,231 approx.) for the 12GB+256GB model. It is available to order and will go on sale in China starting from September 23rd.