HONOR has introduced the HONOR Play 40 Plus, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in the Play series, in China. It features a 6.74-inch HD+ LCD screen with 5MP front camera inside the notch, is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC with support for 5G, has up to 8GB of RAM with extended RAM technology and packs a 50MP main + 2MP depth sensor.
The phone features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a huge, 6000mAh battery with support for 22.5W fast charging.
HONOR Play 40 Plus specifications
- 6.74-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 12 with Magic UI 6.1
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 167.48×76.85x 8.27mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh (typical) battery with 22.5W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The HONOR Play 40 Plus comes in Purple, Silver, Blue and Midnight Black colours, is priced at 1199 yuan (US$ 165 / Rs. 13,715 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB, 1399 yuan (US$ 193 / Rs. 16,005 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB and 1599 yuan (US$ 221 / Rs. 18,290 approx.) for the 8GB+256GB version. It is available to order and will go on sale in China from October 28th.