Google Photos web gets new editing features for Google One subscribers
Google has expanded the editing capabilities for Google One members, making them accessible on the web version of Google Photos. In February, Google One introduced features like Magic Eraser and HDR video effects.
Just dropped! Portrait Light, Portrait Blur, Dynamic, Color Pop, HDR, and Sky suggestions are now available for #GoogleOne members on web so you can easily edit your photos, right from your computer.
— Google Photos (@googlephotos) June 12, 2023
The enhanced editing options available for Google One members include:
- Portrait light adjustment: With a simple click, you can modify the position and brightness of the lighting in portrait photos.
- Background blur adjustment: By clicking on the Blur option, you can control the level of blur in the background of your photos.
- Sky palette selection: Click on Sky to choose from various palettes and adjust the color and contrast of the sky in your images.
- Color focus: Selecting Color focus allows you to desaturate the background while retaining the foreground in color, creating an impactful visual effect.
- HDR enhancement: Clicking on HDR enhances the brightness and contrast of the entire image, resulting in a more balanced and vibrant photo.
These new editing features are now available to all Google One members, no matter their plan, but will work only on devices with at least 4 GB RAM and an updated browser.