Google announced that it will roll out Google accounts for Fitbit to help Fitbit users access the best of Fitbit with Google, starting this summer. Google has enhanced its collaboration with Fitbit for the Pixel Watch that was launched last year, offering top-notch health and fitness functions.
New way to log in to the Fitbit with a Google Account
Starting this summer, you can use a Google Account to log in to your Fitbit. If you already have a Fitbit account, you can choose to switch it to a Google Account. A Google Account will give you more features and keep all your data from your Fitbit.
You will also enjoy easy login and top-notch security and privacy. Let’s see what a Google Account can do for you:
- Single Google Login: You can now log into Fitbit with just one Google Account, making it convenient and easy to manage all your connected apps and devices.
- Privacy and Security: Fitbit is backed by Google’s industry-leading privacy and security features, ensuring your data remains safe and secure.
- Unified Privacy Controls: You can manage all your Fitbit data in the Google Privacy Center, giving you control over your privacy settings.
- Monitoring of Logged-in Devices: You can easily see and manage where you are logged in across your Google Account, providing added security.
- Continued Commitment to Privacy: Fitbit ensures that your health and wellness data won’t be used for Google Ads and will remain separate from Google Ads data.
- Seamless Fitbit Experience: Your historical health and wellness data will be retained, allowing you to continue using Fitbit for all your fitness tracking needs.
- Easy Setup: You can start the process of linking your Fitbit account with your Google Account with a prompt in the Fitbit app or through the Settings menu.
Google also shared that existing Fitbit users are not immediately required to switch to a Google Account, but they will need to do so by 2025. However, if you’re a new Fitbit user, you will be required to register with a Google Account starting this summer.
Commenting on the announcement, Majd Bakar, VP, Fitbit Engineering, said,
By switching to Google Accounts, we can create a better foundation for Fitbit’s future and give you more benefits. This is a key step to bring you more helpful and fun features. We have a lot more in store and we are excited to share more soon.