Today, DJI unveiled Osmo Action 3, its most potent and versatile action camera to date. with a battery that gives customers the freedom to use the device in the most difficult circumstances and native vertical shooting for a new viewpoint on creative expression. DJI previously announced the Avata drone, which features a 48MP CMOS sensor and a 155° field of view.
For the design, the camera’s built-in mounting mechanism firmly clips to handlebars, helmets, and more, enhancing the quick-release system first seen in Action 2 by adding notches for a locked-in, impact-resistant hold. Osmo Action 3 is equipped with cutting-edge hardware and software.
Its 1/1.7-inch imaging system shoots 4K/120 fps with a 155° super-wide FOV and world-class EIS. Improved heat management lets you keep shooting at 4K/60fps until the battery dies. This gets rid of the problem that many other action cameras have with getting too hot. D-Cinelike Color Mode is offered for video, slow-motion, and timelapse editing. Furthermore, the Osmo Action 3 is waterproof to 16 metres without a housing.
Osmo Action 3 was designed to capture any athletic lifestyle. It comes with a 1770 mAh extreme battery that lets the camera record for 160 minutes. It charges from 0-80% in 18 minutes and 0-100% in 50 minutes thanks to native fast-charging, a first for action cameras. The Osmo Action 3 Extreme Battery comes with an Osmo Action 3 by default.
The Osmo Action 3 is the first action camera with twin touchscreens, letting users adjust settings from any angle. Three-mic stereo recording decreases wind noise and improves audio. Wi-Fi Livestream supports 1080p/30fps, 720p/30fps, and 480p/30fps. Features, UAC/UVC Webcam capability gives conference calls and livestreams high-quality video and audio. Osmo Action 3 has three distinct electronic image stabilization options:
- RockSteady 3.0: eliminates all camera shaking. 4K/120fps provides a steady and immersive first-person experience. This is great for bike riding and handheld filming on the fly.
- HorizonSteady: allows film to remain horizontally level during strong bumps and 360° rotations, delivering a beautiful horizon without post-production, even in off-kilter activities like surfing.
- HorizonBalancing: offers up to 45° horizontal tilt correction and 4K/60fps video recording. This mode provides a smooth 4K image in a dynamic setting, such as an FPV obstacle course run.
Specifications: DJI Osmo Action 3
- Display: Front Screen: 1.4-inch 326 ppi 320×320; Rear Screen: 2.25-inch 326 ppi 360×640
- Waterproof: 16m without Waterproof Case, 60m with Waterproof Case
- Number of Microphones: 3
- Supported SD Cards: microSD (up to 256 GB)
- Sensor: 1/1.7-inch CMOS; FOV: 155°; Aperture: f/2.8
- Max Photo Resolution: 4000×3000
- Zoom: Digital Zoom; Photo: 4x; Video: 2x
- Still Photography Modes: Single: 12 MP
- Recording: Up to 4K (4:3): 4096×[email protected]/25/30/48/50/60fps
- Supports: Slow motion, Hyperlapse, Timelapse
- Stabilization: EIS, RockSteady 3.0, HorizonBalancing and HorizonSready
- Photo and Video formats: JPEG/RAW; MP4 (H.264/HEVC)
- Battery: 1770 mAh; 6.8 Wh; Up to 160 mins of operating time
- Fast charging support: In just 18 minutes, it can be powered up to 80%,
- Connectivity: Dual Band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 5.0,
- Dimensions (L×W×H): 70.5×44.2×32.8 mm; Weight: 145 g
Price and availability
The DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo retails for $329 (Rs. 26,182 approx.) Osmo Action 3 is available today from store.dji.com and most authorized retail partners in several configurations.
Speaking on the launch, Paul Pan, Senior Product Line Manager at DJI, said,
Ever since we released the original Osmo Action in 2019, we have been continuously inspired by the stunning footage captured with it. As our users keep pushing further, moving faster, and diving deeper, our mission is to provide a device built to keep up with them. Every new feature made Osmo Action 3 the most reliable, tough, and easy-to-use action camera. We can’t wait to see what our users create when they push their limits with Osmo Action 3.