DJI launched the Mavic 3 Classic, a camera drone that makes the outstanding Hasselblad camera and unrivalled flight performance of the Mavic 3 Series more accessible to creators. Earlier, the DJI Osmo Action 3 was announced as well. The Mavic 3 Classic has the same 4/3 CMOS 20-megapixel camera, 46-minute maximum flying time, and O3+ communication technology as the original Mavic 3, but without the telephoto lens.
Mavic 3 Classic
Mavic 3 Classic is compatible with the DJI RC Pro, DJI RC, and DJI RC-N1 models that are already on the market. It offers top performance in a cheaper package and makes it easy for drone builders to upgrade to the best flying camera on the market.
- Mavic 3 Classic will provide more creative access to the Mavic 3 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera’s vast capabilities. H.264 and H.265 encoders capture 5.1K/50 fps, 4K/60 fps, and 1080p/60 fps video.
- Mavic 3 Classic records 4K at 120 fps and 1080p at 200 fps for slow-motion footage. Its 24mm equivalent lens has 12.8 stops of natural dynamic range and an adjustable aperture from f/2.8 to f/11.
- The 20-megapixel sensor handles light in 12-bit RAW for photos and 10-bit D-Log for videos. This lets it capture the world’s bright colors, brightest highlights, and most detailed shadows.
- Based on Hasselblad’s research and development, the Mavic 3 Classic camera’s Natural Color Solution directly outputs photographs and movies with true and realistic colours, and its HLG system for high dynamic range photography produces footage that doesn’t need colour calibration.
DJI’s flight technology
Mavic 3 Classic puts DJI’s flying technology in the hands of every creator. It has a simple, easy-to-use interface that works right out of the box, can be adjusted for fine control, and easily takes photos and videos that can be shared, edited, and used in post-production.
- Mavic 3 Classic, which uses the same batteries as the rest of the Mavic 3 Series, can fly for up to 46 minutes. At 15 kilometers (9.3 miles), the O3+ flight control and video transmission system can transmit 1080p/60 fps video.
- The ActiveTrack 5.0 technology employs several vision sensors to recognize targets, lock them in frame, and move the drone and camera together to make professional-quality films.
- MasterShots automates shooting and editing to simplify the creative process for new pilots.
- DJI pilots adore QuickShots, timelapse, Hyperlapse, and panorama shooting modes on the Mavic 3 Classic.
- The new “Cruise Control” feature lets pilots set a steady speed for their drone’s flight. This lets them focus on the images without having to worry about shaking the camera from manually controlling the speed.
- Turning raw imagery into classic material is easy with the Mavic 3 Classic. High-Speed QuickTransfer lets the drone download images and videos to a mobile phone through Wi-Fi 6 at up to 80 MB per second without the remote controller.
Safe and Certified Features
APAS 5.0 uses eight vision sensors to avoid obstacles and design paths around them. Its innovative “Return to Home” system detects the area from 200 metres away, then plots the best route back to its launch location and flies it if necessary.
DJI Mavic 3 Classic: Specifications
- Takeoff Weight: 895 g
- Dimensions: Folded (without propellers): 221×96.3×90.3 mm (L×W×H)
- Unfolded (without propellers): 347.5×283×107.7 mm (L×W×H)
- Max Flight Distance: 30 km
- Max Flight Time: 46 minutes
- Max Hovering Time: 40 minutes
- Internal Storage: 8 GB (approx. 7.9GB available space)
- Image Sensor: 4/3 CMOS, Effective Pixels: 20 MP
- Lens: FOV: 84°, Format Equivalent: 24 mm, Aperture: f/2.8-f/11, Focus: 1 m to ∞
- Max Image Size: 5280×3956
- Photo Format: JPEG/DNG (RAW)
- Video Format: MP4/MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265)
- Max Video Bitrate: H.264/H.265: 200 Mbps
- Supported File System: exFAT
- Color Mode: Normal/HLG/D-Log
- Digital Zoom: 3×
- Stabilization: 3-axis mechanical gimbal (tilt, roll, pan)
- Max Control Speed (tilt): 100°/s
- Sensing Type: Omnidirectional binocular vision system, supplemented with an infrared sensor at the bottom of the aircraft
- Operating Environment: Forward, Backward, Left, Right, and Upward
- Video Transmission System: O3+
- Live View Quality Remote Controller: 1080p/30fps, 1080p/60fps
- Antennas: 4 antennas, 2T4R
- Capacity: 5000 mAh
- Weight: 335.5 g
- Energy: 77 Wh
- Charging Time: Approx. 96 minutes
- Charger: USB-C; 65 W
DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller
- Without charging any mobile device: 6 hours
- When charging a mobile device: 4 hours
- DJI Fly: The DJI Fly app for Android and iOS
Price and Availability
The DJI Mavic 3 Classic is now available for purchase via store.dji.com and authorized retail partners in three variants:
- Mavic 3 Classic (Drone Only) – It is available for the retail price of US$1469 (Rs. 1,21,777 approx.).
- Mavic 3 Classic: It includes a charger and the DJI RC-N1 remote controller. It is available for the retail price of US$1599 (Rs. 1,32,554 approx.).
- Mavic 3 Classic (DJI RC): It includes a charger and the DJI RC remote controller. It is available for the retail price of US$1749 (Rs. 1,44,989 approx.).
- Mavic 3 Classic Fly More Kit: It includes two Intelligent Flight Batteries, a Battery Charging Hub (100W), 65W Car Charger, three pairs of Low-Noise Propellers, and a DJI Convertible Carrying Bag. It is available for the retail price of US$649 (Rs. 53,801 approx.).
Speaking on the announcement, Ferdinand Wolf, Creative Director at DJI, said,
The Mavic 3 series has always set the standard for what a drone can do, from the original Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine that transformed aerial photography and cinematography, through the Mavic 3 Enterprise and Mavic 3 Thermal platforms for professional work.
Now, DJI is moving forward to give more creators access to the photographic excellence and operational reliability that are the hallmarks of the Mavic 3 Series. With the launch of Mavic 3 Classic, we hope to see even more creators putting our top-of-the-line tools to work and pushing their creativity past their old limits.