Apple showed off DaVinci Resolve for iPad along with the iPad Pro without revealing any details. Today, Blackmagic Design has confirmed that DaVinci Resolve for iPad will be available in the next two months.
It is optimized for MultiTouch technology and Apple Pencil, and supports Blackmagic Cloud support that will allow creators to collaborate with multiple users.
DaVinci Resolve for iPad Features
- Cut page for editing and the color pages are optimized for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro display.
- Up to 4x Ultra HD ProRes render performance improvement with the M2 chip.
- Supports Apple Neural Engine features in DaVinci Resolve Studio for iPad.
- Compatible with DaVinci Resolve 18 project files.
- Supports multi-user collaboration via Blackmagic Cloud.
- Supports H.264, H.265, ProRes and Blackmagic RAW media files.
- Supports clips from iPad storage, Photos library and iCloud.
- Import clips from external USB-C disks.
- Works with Apple Pencil, Magic Trackpad, Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio.
- External monitoring via Apple Studio Display, Pro Display XDR or an AirPlay display.
- Supports HDR display on 12.9-inch iPad Pro with the M1 chip.
- Compatible with iPadOS 16 or newer.
Introducing DaVinci Resolve for iPad! Get professional Hollywood quality editing and color correction tools, as well as Blackmagic Cloud multi user collaboration, Dropbox media syncing, Blackmagic RAW, H.264, H.265 and ProRes, and more! Available in Q4. pic.twitter.com/Hv7QjfaSUg
— Blackmagic Design (@Blackmagic_News) October 20, 2022
DaVinci Resolve for iPad will be available in Q4 2022 from the Apple App Store as a free download, with an upgrade to DaVinci Resolve Studio for iPad available as an in-app purchase.