Basemark, popular for its benchmark apps, has launched GPUScore: In Vitro graphics benchmark for Android. Targeted for mobile technology developers, such as semiconductor manufacturers, GPU vendors, this is the world’s first benchmark for mobile devices featuring ray tracing technology, said the company.
The company said that In Vitro has been developed together with industry leaders and members of Basemark’s benchmark development program to ensure benchmark quality, correct performance measurements and usage of the latest technologies in the graphics industry.
Features of GPUScore: In Vitro
- High-end 3D rendering features
- Two Official benchmarks that submit results to Powerboard 4.0 online platform for comparison
- Official: The main benchmark that uses 1920×1080 (FHD) rendering resolution.
- Official Native: Uses the same content and settings as Official, but uses the device’s display resolution as the rendering resolution.
- Custom benchmark: Uses the same content as Official, but allows users to change settings from the default ones used in Official.
- Experience mode for previewing the benchmark content in a smooth way
- Off-screen grid rendering: FPS won’t be limited by the GPU driver
- Exactly the same content is rendered on every run
- Same workload is used on all platforms
- Graphics features:
- Raytraced Reflections
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) with HDR pipeline
- Image-Based Lighting (IBL)
- Ground Truth Ambient Occlusion (GTAO)
- Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA)
- Vertex Animations
Download GPUScore: In Vitro – Android
Commenting on the launch, Mircea Cristea, Product Owner at Basemark, said:
Anticipating the evolution of the market, GPUScore: In Vitro sets the stage for the future endeavors of the mobile and SoC manufacturers. In Vitro can run on any raytracing supporting Android device. Among others, it features real-time reflections in an exquisite scene which offers a glimpse into the future of mobile gaming. Like other GPU benchmarks developed by Basemark, In Vitro also includes different testing modes, like the Custom or Experience modes. Exploring an entirely uncharted territory, In Vitro represents a milestone in the growth and development of the Basemark benchmarks.