After starting pre-orders in India last month, ASUS today launched the Zenbook 17 Fold OLED which was introduced as the world’s first 17.3-inch foldable OLED laptop. It is equipped with 12th Generation Intel CoreTM i7-1250U processor, has two multipurpose USB-C Thunderbolt 4 ports, a big 75 Wh battery, a 12th Generation Intel Core i7 CPU, an Intel Iris® XE GPU, and the most recent Intel Wi-Fi 6E.
ASUS said that it has collaborated closely with BOE Technology Group and Intel to accomplish this. It has a huge 17″ 2.5K screen for immersive entertainment and easy multitasking, but it folds up into an ultra-compact 12.5″ laptop for portability.
Asus Zenbook 17 Fold OLED (UX9702) Specifications
- 17.3-inch (2560 x 1920 pixels) FOLED 4:3 aspect ratio, 0.2ms response time, 500nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 1,000,000:1, VESA CERTIFIED Display HDR True Black 500, 1.07 billion colors, PANTONE Validated, Glossy display, 70% less harmful blue light, Touch screen, Screen-to-body ratio: 87 ％
- Intel Core i7-1250U Processor 1.1 GHz (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 2P+8E cores), Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 16GB LPDDR5 on board memory, 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 Performance SSD
- Windows 11 Home / Pro
- Soft Keyboard, 1.4mm Key-travel
- 5MP camera with IR function to support Windows Hello
- US MIL-STD 810H military-grade standard
- Dimensions: Unfolded: 378.5 x 287.6 x 8.7~11.7 mm / Folded: 287.6 x 189.3 x 17.4~31.9 mm; Weight Without keyboard: 1.6~1.7 kg / With keyboard: 1.99 kg
- Wi-Fi 6E(802.11ax)+Bluetooth 5.2 (Dual band) 2×2, 2x Thunderbolt 4 supports display / power delivery, 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack
- 75WHrs, 4S1P, 4-cell Li-ion, TYPE-C, 65W AC Adapter
Pricing and availability
The Asus Zenbook 17 Fold OLED is priced at Rs. 3,29,990 and is available from online and offline retailers – ASUS e-shop, Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Reliance Digital, Vijay Sales as well as brand stores – ASUS Exclusive Stores, ROG Stores & all ASUS authorized dealers.
Commenting on the launch Arnold Su, Business Head, Consumer and Gaming PC, System Business Group, ASUS India, said:
We are thrilled to announce our stellar innovation Zenbook 17 Fold OLED in the Indian market. It is the world’s first 17.3” foldable laptop that uses a proprietary foldable hinge design. Co-developed with Intel and BOE, it delivers a transformative experience that merges the productivity of a desktop with the portability of a laptop. This laptop eliminates the need to compromise when working in different environments — in the office, at home, while traveling or when relaxing — by stylishly incorporating two screen sizes and multiple usage modes into one highly portable device.