ASUS ROG Phone 6 with 6.78″ FHD+ 165Hz AMOLED Display Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 6000mAh Battery Announced India Price Starts at Rs. 71,999
ASUS just introduced the ROG Phone 6, the company’s latest gaming smartphone in India and global markets, as it had promised. It packs a 6.78-inch Full HD+ Samsung’s AMOLED HDR display with 165Hz refresh rate, 720Hz touch-sampling rate, and is one of the first phones to be powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC. It has up to 18GB of RAM for the Pro version.
The phone has an improved cooling system, and the company says that this can bring the CPU temperature by up to 10°C. For the first time, the ROG Phone has IPX4 ratings for splash resistance. There is an in-display fingerprint scanner as well. It features a new 50-megapixel rear camera with IMX766 sensor, along with a 13-megapixel 125° ultra-wide camera and a 5-megapixel macro camera, and a 12-megapixel camera with IMX663 sensor on the front.
The AirTrigger 6 control system now lets you map up to 14 specific touchpoints, and there are nine input methods with these two ultrasonic buttons, including the new “press and lift”. It still has the 3.5mm audio jack, Symmetrical dual front-facing speakers with Dirac HD Sound and a 5-magnet stereo speaker with Cirrus Logic amplifier. It features a dual-cell 6,000mAh battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging.
The ROG Phone 6 has ROG (RGB light) logo and the 6 Pro comes with ROG Vision color PMOLED display. There is no Ultimate option. The phone runs Android 12, and the company promises 2 OS upgrades and 2 years of security updates.
ASUS ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro specifications
- 6.78-inch (2448 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 165Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 20.4:9 aspect ratio display, 720Hz touch sampling rate, 111.23% DCI-P3, sRGB : 150.89%, Delta E average <1%; Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1, 10-bit HDR, 5 nits to 800nits @ APL100 + HBM or 1200nits @ APL1, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen+ 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 16GB / 18GB (ROG Phone 6 Pro) LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ROG UI & Zen UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with 1/1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 12MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX663 sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Qualcomm WCD9385 for Hi-Res output, Symmetrical dual front-facing speakers with Dirac HD Sound, 5-magnet stereo speaker with Cirrus Logic amplifier for louder, deeper and less distorted sound effect
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 6 and grip press detection
- Dimensions: 173 x 77 x 10.3mm; Weight: 239g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 65W fast charging, Quick Charge 5.0 and PD 3.0 Charging
Pricing and availability
The ASUS ROG Phone 6 comes in Phantom Black and Storm White colours and is priced at Rs. 71,999 for the 12GB + 256GB model in India. This costs 999 Euros (US$ 1027 / Rs. 81,525 approx.) in Europe and the 16GB + 512GB costs 1149 Euros (US$ 1182 / Rs. 93,795 approx.). There is also a 8GB + 256GB model, but the pricing for it is not known yet.
The ROG Phone 6 Pro comes in Storm White colour and is priced at Rs. 88,999 for the 18GB + 512GB version in India and, 1299 Euros (US$ 1336 / Rs. 1,06,070 approx.) globally.
Both the global and India roll out will happen soon, said the company, without revealing the exact date.