Along with the new iPad Pro, Apple has also updated its budget iPad model with a new design that now has flat sides, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, a large 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display, and it is powered by A14 Bionic chip, compared to A13 Bionic in the older models.
It also has an updated Ultra Wide 12MP front camera located along the landscape edge with 122-degree field of view supports Center Stage, and the rear camera has also been updated.
It has a USB-C port replacing the lighting port in the older model, has Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, and there is 5G support on cellular models. There is an all-new Magic Keyboard Folio with click-anywhere trackpad, and a versatile two-piece design. It has full-size keys, 1 mm of travel, and the new 14-key function row allows for easy access to shortcuts and everyday tasks, like adjusting the volume or display brightness.
It runs iPadOS 16 and has support for Apple Pencil (1st generation). Apple Pencil (1st generation) is compatible with the new iPad. However, a new USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter is required for pairing and charging. This is included in the box with a new version of Apple Pencil (1st generation) and can be purchased separately.
Apple iPad (10th Gen) specifications
- 10.9-inch (2360x 1640 pixels) Liquid Retina display with 500 nits brightness, 264 PPI, True Tone display
- Six-core A14 Bionic 64-bit processor, 4-Core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine
- 64GB/256GB variants
- iPadOS 16
- 12MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, 5P lens, Autofocus with Focus Pixels
- 12MP 122° front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture, Retina Flash, FaceTime video, Center Stage
- Dual microphones for calls, Landscape stereo speakers
- 5G (optional), Wi‑Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2
- Touch ID
- Dimensions: 248.6×179.5 x7mm; Weight: 477g (WiFi) / 481g (5G)
- 28.6-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, Wi-Fi + Cellular models up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
Pricing and availability
- iPad 64GB Wi-Fi – Rs. 44,900
- iPad 256GB Wi-Fi – Rs. 59,900
- iPad 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular – Rs. 59,900
- iPad 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular – Rs. 74,900
- Apple Pencil (1st generation) New version – Rs. 9,500
- USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter for old Apple Pencil (1st generation) – Rs. 900
- Magic Keyboard Folio for iPad – Rs. 24,900
- Smart Folio for iPad – Rs. 8,500
The new iPad comes in Blue, Pink, Silver and Yellow colours, is available to order today, October 18 on apple.com and authorized resellers in India and will be available from October 26th. Apple will still sell the iPad (9th generation).