Apple introduces New MacBook Air with 13.6″ Display M2 Chip New Design India Price Starts At Rs. 1,19,900
Apple at its WWDC event introduced its new MacBook Air powered by the new M2 chip, as expected. It has an 8-core CPU offering up to 18% faster CPU performance than the previous generation and the new 10-core GPU is up to 35% more powerful, and has a 40% faster Neural Engine, says Apple. It supports up to 24GB of fast unified memory, and adds a next-generation media engine and a powerful ProRes video engine for hardware-accelerated encode.
There is a 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display that is 25% brighter, has an entirely new design measuring just 11.3 mm thin and weighs just 1.24 kg. It has an all-aluminum unibody enclosure and integrates its components so efficiently that it results in 20% reduction in volume, says Apple.
It features a fanless design, so it remains completely silent even with heavy workloads. There is a 1080p Facetime HD camera inside a notch, features a four-speaker sound system which is completely integrated between the keyboard and display along with the mic and also brings back the MagSafe charging port. It has an all-new 35W compact power adapter with two USB-C ports to charge two devices at once. MacBook Air for the first time supports fast charge with 67W USB-C for charging up to 50% in 30 minutes.
Apple MacBook Air (M2) specifications
- 13.6-inch (2560 x 1664 pixels) 224 PPI Liquid Retina display with True Tone, Wide colour (P3), 500 nits brightness
- 8GB RAM (Configurable up to 24GB), 256GB / 512GB SSD storage (Configurable up to 2TB)
- Apple M2 chip 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- 8-core / 10-Core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine
- Magic Keyboard, Touch ID, Force Touch trackpad
- 1080p FaceTime HD Camera
- Four-speaker sound system, Wide stereo sound, Support for Spatial Audio when playing music or video with Dolby Atmos on built-in speakers, Three-mic array with directional beamforming, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports with support for: Charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40 Gbps), USB 4 (up to 40 Gbps), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps), MagSafe 3 charging port
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 2.4GHz + 5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0
- 52.6‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery with up to 15 hours wireless web, up to 18 hours Apple TV app movie playback, 30W USB-C Power Adapter (included with M2 with 8-core GPU) / 35W Dual USB-C Port Power Adapter (included with M2 with 10-core GPU and 512GB storage, configurable with M2 with 8-core GPU), support for fast charging with 67W USB-C Power Adapter
Pricing and availability
The new MacBook Air comes in silver, space gray, midnight and starlight colours, is priced at Rs. 1,19,900 for the 8-Core GPU, 256GB Storage version. The 512GB, 10-Core GPU version costs Rs. 1,49,900. These will be available from select Apple Store locations and Apple Authorized Resellers, next month.
The 35W Dual USB-C Port Power Adapter and the 67W USB-C Power Adapter are priced at Rs. 2000, each.