Amazfit has launched GTR 4 as the successor its its last year’s model in India, after it was introduced at the IFA a couple of weeks back. It has an improved GPS positioning, 150+ sports modes, features Bluetooth calling and comes with standalone music playback.
It has industry-first dual-band circularly-polarized GPS antenna technology for precise positioning, unimpeded by environmental or multi-path interference. With an upcoming update, you can import route files and navigate them in real-time, directly on the display.
The BioTracker 4.0 PPG biometric optical sensor is enhanced to 2LED, so it collects 33% more data than the previous generation, and – when combined with the watches’ heart rate tracking algorithm – reduces signal interference caused by arm movement during exercise. It can monitor blood-oxygen, heart rate and stress levels, and the one-tap measurement function that tests these three metrics, plus breathing rate, simultaneously.
The upgraded Zepp OS 2.0 now allows users to select one of two app menu layout styles. The enriched mini app ecosystem has also added “Baby Records”, which lets users record their baby’s sleep and feeding times, plus two games, along with the GoPro and Home Connect third-party apps.
Amazfit GTR 4 specifications
- 1.43-inch (466×466 pixels) AMOLED 326PPI screen, Tempered glass + anti-fingerprint coating + anti-glare bezel
- Zepp OS 2.0,Support for Android 7.0 and above, iOS 12.0 and above
- 150+ Sports Modes, automatically recognize 15 strength training exercises at launch, along with eight sports movements
- BioTracker 4.0 PPG biometric sensor (supports blood-oxygen, 4PD + 2LED), Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor,
- Barometric altimeter, Ambient light sensor
- Water-resistant (5ATM / 50 Meters)
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, Wi-Fi (2.4GHz), Dual-band GPS & 6 satellite positioning systems
- 2.3GB built-in storage for offline music playback
- Microphone, Speaker for Alexa, offline voice assistant and voice calling over Bluetooth
- Dimensions:46x46x10.6mm; Weight: 34g
- 475mAh battery with up to 14 days battery life, up to 24 days battery life in battery saver mode, up to 25 hours of continuous GPS use in accuracy mode, 44 hours in balanced mode
Pricing and Availability
The Amazfit GTR 4 comes in Superspeed Black and Vintage Brown Leather colours, is priced at Rs. 16,999 and is available from Flipkart and Amazfit India website. The company is teasing the GTS 4 on Amazon.in, so we can expect the launch soon.