Airtel sees 108% YoY increase in IR pack subscriptions Delhi 95% from Chennai
Airtel has announced that it has witnessed a growth of 108% in the subscription of packs for customers travelling abroad from Delhi and 95% from Chennai as compared to last year.
To cater to this surge and provide last-minute assistance, Airtel has set up an international roaming kiosk at the departure terminal of Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport in the duty-free area.
The company refreshed its International Roaming Plan a few months back. With the Rs. 3999 per month pack, you spend as little as 133/day at the starting point, making it more economical than the local SIMs of most countries, said the company.
With the change in costs, there is a significant jump in pack subscriptions in both the prepaid and postpaid segments, said Airtel.
- The 10-day validity packs remain the most popular pack subscriptions among the Chennaiite out roamers
- USA and UK are the most frequently travelled destinations from India
- The most popular international holiday destinations on Airtel’s network for Chennaiites are countries like the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, USA and UK.
Key features of the Airtel IR Plan
- Airtel’s IR plans costs as little as 133/day
- Customers simply need to select the duration of their travel, ranging from 1 day to 90 days, or even opt for an annual International Roaming Pack for NRIs
- Even if customers exhaust their data limit, essential services such as messaging, emails and web browsing will continue to work. Top-up options are also available through the Airtel Thanks App and the Airtel website.
- Through the Airtel Thanks App, customers can easily manage their plans, switch the service on or off, change the plan, purchase extra data and activate international roaming upon landing in their destination country.
- Airtel provides dedicated support through the toll-free number +91 99100-99100, available everywhere. Customers can call or message through WhatsApp to receive assistance from experienced executives.
Commenting on this, Nidhi Lauria, CEO, Delhi, Bharti Airtel and Tarun Virmani, CEO, Tamil Nadu, Bharti Airtel, said:
At Airtel, we are continuously challenging ourselves to keep improving our customers’ experience. Our new international roaming plans once again focus on putting the customer first. Reliable connectivity when travelling abroad is an absolute necessity nowadays. Our industry-leading roaming plans are very affordable and will ensure that our customers can stay connected all the time, wherever they are, without the hassle of changing their SIM cards or numbers. We are seeing travel already soar this holiday season and we look forward to serving Chennaiites through a more connected travel experience.