The world’s lightest 16-inch OLED laptop, Swift Edge (SFA16-41), was unveiled by Acer today. Weighing at just 1.17kg, the 16-inch laptop is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series and AMD Ryzen 6000 Series processors.
The laptop include the Microsoft Pluton security processor, shipped on by default, to effectively protect against increasingly sophisticated attacks. It was created to maximize the productivity and creativity demands of the modern hybrid workforce, said the company. Recently, the Acer Swift 3 OLED with a 14′′ 2.8K display was launched in India.
The 4K OLED display on the Acer Swift Edge supports 100% of the DCI-P3 colour gamut and has a peak brightness of 500 nits for movie-quality visuals. The 16-inch laptop has a low bezel, a 92% screen-to-body ratio, and display certifications from VESA DisplayHDR True Black 500 and TÜV Rheinland EyeSafe. The Acer Swift Edge has won a Red Dot 2022 Award and a 2022 Good Design Award for its exceptional product design. The 16-inch laptop is slim and light, with a straightforward aesthetic.
The laptop is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series and AMD Ryzen 6000 Series CPUs with up to 8 high-performance “Zen 3+” cores. AMD PRO Technologies give IT administrators different levels of security to protect against threats and a lot of ways to manage things to make sure they are stable and reliable in the long run. The processors include Microsoft Pluton, a security processor that protects credentials and encryption keys on Windows 11 PCs. It also has a slot for a Noble Wedge Lock and biometric authentication to help keep user and business data safe.
The new Acer Swift Edge has enhanced connectivity with Wi-Fi 6E, providing high-speed wireless connectivity, file sharing, and 4K streaming. The audio jack, HDMI 2.1, two USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connectors with fast charging, two USB Type-A ports, and two USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connectors with fast charging all make portable devices more useful and easy to use.
Specifications: Acer Swift Edge (SFA16-41)
- Display: 16.0″ 4K OLED display; WQUXGA 3840 x 2400 / 16:10; Certified by True Black HDR 500 (500 nits) 100% DCI-P3 color gamut support, TÜV Rheinland Eyesafe
- Design: Made with an alloy that’s 20% lighter and 2x as strong as normal aluminum
- Processors: AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series and AMD Ryzen 6000 Series processors; AMD Radeon Graphics
- Storage: up to 1TB PCIe Gen4, 16 Gb/s, NVMe; Up to 32GB of dual-channel LPDDR5
- Operating system: Windows 11 Home/Pro
- Security: Microsoft Pluton support; Fingerprint reader
- Ports: 2x USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 2, 2x USB Type-A Gen 1, HDMI 2.1 / Headphone & Mic
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6E
- Audio: DTS Audio / Acer Purified Voice / Acer TrueHarmony
- Camera: FHD webcam 1920 x 1080 resolution (Blue Glass Lens)
- Dimensions: 356.7 (W) x 242.3 (D) x 12.95/13.95 (H) mm; Weight: 1.17kg
- Battery: 54WHr 3-cell
Pricing and availability
The Acer Swift Edge (SFA16-41) will be available for purchase starting in October in North America, starting at US$ 1,499.99 (Rs. 1,23,400 approx.), and at about €1,499 in EMEA and RMB 7,999 in China. It is available to purchase from Acer e-stores and other official resellers.